You are going to prepare your PC for your study life at Hiroshima University during this lecture. Here is the list of what you are going to do at this workshop.
* Some screenshots in this text are displayed in Japanese. Sorry for inconvenience.
- Initial setting of your PC
(*) If you have purchased your Windows PC at Hiroshima University Co-op, please follow the initial setup instrucrion from the shop, and start this workshop from chapter 1.
If you turn on your PC for the first time, follow this chapter to see your Desktop in your PC.
- Know your PC's spec
Know your PC's basic spec, such as type of CPU, type of your Windows10, storage capacity of your PC.
- Automatic update and software setup
Set up Windows Update so that your Windows10 will keep updated. And set up anti-virus software, Microsoft Defender, to be updated automatically.
- Install required programs
Install Google Chrome and activate Microsoft Office.
- MOMIJI, Login to "Hirodai moodle", and setup MFA
Access to the student portal "MOMIJI", login to the LMS "Hirodai moodle", and setup multi-factor authentication(MFA) of your IMC account and Hirodai ID.
- Log in to the online services provided in Hiroshima University
Office365, My MOMIJI, and others…
- Connect your PC to campus network
Set up your PC to connect to HINET Wi-Fi.
Submit the Laptop checklist: Helpdesk information
- Appendix: How to install Office365 application.